Three killed in fresh US airstrikes on Yemen’s Hodeidah province

0
25
<div>Three killed in fresh US airstrikes on Yemen's Hodeidah province</div>
Advetisment

Sanaa, April 2 (IANS) At least three people were killed in fresh US airstrikes on Yemen’s western province of Hodeidah, Houthi media and residents said.

The strikes on Tuesday night targeted a “water project and its building” in the district of Mansouria in central Hodeidah, they said.

Residents of the district told Xinhua that the search for possible survivors under the rubble is underway.

According to Houthi media, the US military also carried out a series of airstrikes on several locations in the northwestern provinces of Hajjah and Saada, Xinhua news agency reported.

Earlier in the day, Houthi media reported a new wave of US airstrikes on several locations in northern Yemen, including Mount Nabi Shu’ayb in Bani Matar district, west of the capital Sanaa, and sites in Saada province. No casualties were reported.

The US military has not commented on the airstrikes.

The Iran-aligned Houthis, who control much of northern Yemen, have been fighting the internationally recognised government since 2014.

The US military has resumed airstrikes on Houthi-held areas in northern Yemen since March 15 in a bid to deter the group from attacking Israeli targets, the US Navy, and international shipping lanes in the region.

Last week, US President Donald Trump said US airstrikes against the Houthis would continue “for a long time.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the Houthi group reported that US forces have carried out 22 airstrikes on its targets in Yemen’s northern Sanaa and Saada provinces over the past several hours.

According to a brief statement broadcast by the Houthi-run al-Masirah TV, five airstrikes at dawn targeted the Jarban area in the Sanhan district southeast of Sanaa, while two others hit the Bani Matar district west of the capital.

The statement further indicated that Saada, a stronghold of the group, was subjected to 15 US airstrikes overnight, but did not disclose specific locations targeted.

–IANS

int/rs

Go to Source

Disclaimer

The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by TodayIndia.news and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.

Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of TodayIndia.news We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.

Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, TodayIndia.news takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.

For any legal details or query please visit original source link given with news or click on Go to Source.

Our translation service aims to offer the most accurate translation possible and we rarely experience any issues with news post. However, as the translation is carried out by third part tool there is a possibility for error to cause the occasional inaccuracy. We therefore require you to accept this disclaimer before confirming any translation news with us.

If you are not willing to accept this disclaimer then we recommend reading news post in its original language.

Advertisment